Family and Women's Specialist
Family and Women’s Specialists are members of the GMT for a district or multiple district. These specialists serve three-year terms to oversee the growth and participation of women and family membersthroughout the district or multiple district.
- Oversee the recruitment of women and family members throughout a three-year term
- Plan and conduct a symposium or family involvement event(s).
- Develop new service projects geared to interest women and family members
- Compose articles for district, multiple district and international publications
- Mentor and encourage clubs
Family and Women's Specialist Resources
- Family and Women's Specialist Guide (pdf)
- Membershp Pulse (pdf)
- Family Membership
- Family & Women's Newsletter Archive
Holding a symposium provides opportunities for family and women involvement in Lions. To help alleviate costs, Lions Clubs International offers a symposium grant of up to US$2,000 per symposium, with a maximum of US$4,000 per constitutional area. Family and women's specialists may apply according to the application guidelines and the Rules of Audit outlined in the Symposium Planning Guide (pdf).
- I Am a Lion (pdf)
- Your Family Can Make a Difference (pdf)
- Lions Make a Difference (pdf)
- Family Volunteer Activity List (pdf)
- Family Friendly Lions Club Concept "How to Guide" (pdf)
- Newsroom contains important monthly news from International Headquarters.
- Lions Learning Center offers online learning courses for leadership development.
- Communicating Your Activities provides a variety of valuable member communication tools for assisting Lions public relations initiatives.
For more information and to submit family and women related success stories and projects, contact the Membership and New Club Programs Department.
Reading Action Program
Join President Madden's campaign to increase literacy »
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842