Zone and Region Chairperson Center
The Zone and Region Chairperson Center makes it easy to access information that is relevant to zone and region chairpersons. The following resources are available:
Manuals, Job Specific Training and Awards for Zone and Region Chairs
- Zone Chairpersons Manual –This helpful guide outlines the zone chairpersons’ role and responsibilities, provides a sample meeting agenda, as well as other relevant information to help manage the zone.
- Region Chairpersons Manual –This helpful guide outlines the role and responsibilities of the region chairperson as well as information to help manage the region.
- Zone Chairperson Training – The online zone chairperson training consists of an independent study module that focuses on the responsibilities, challenges and resources of the zone chairperson position. Zone chairpersons are encouraged to contact their GLT district coordinator to learn about additional instructor-led training workshops for this position.
- Excellence Awards – Based on the core keys to success – service, membership growth, communication and club management – the award is more than a pin, it is a pathway to club success.
Accessing Information About the Clubs in the Zone or Region
Once the zones and regions (if applicable) are created and zone and regions chairs are assigned by the district governor, zone and region chairs will receive instructions on how to register for a password for the WMMR system. The zone and region chairpersons section allows chairs to check the club membership statistics, review activity reports and report signature projects.
- Access the WMMR site. A username and password are required.
Helpful Tools for Membership Growth and Club Development
- Global Membership Team (GMT) and Global Leadership Team (GLT) Initiatives – Members of the GMT and GLT at the district and multiple district levels can provide information and assistance to clubs in the areas of membership growth and leadership development. It is recommended that members of these teams be invited to District Governor's Advisory Committee Meetings.
- Certified Guiding Lion Program – Newly revised, this course will help zone or region chairpersons develop a strategy for assisting new and existing clubs and acquaints them with the latest materials for club success. It is recommended that all zone and region chairpersons take the course.
- Club Excellence Process – Focused on elements of club excellence, the program may be presented at the District Governor's Advisory Committee Meetings. There are multiple formats for which the process can be implemented. Contact your District GMT or GLT for more information.
- Lions Mentoring Program – Every zone or region chairperson is a mentor; the Lions Mentoring Program will help these key leaders make a positive impact on the Lions they lead.
- Lion Learning Center – This online resource features courses related to leadership, managing others, achieving success and communication.
For More Information
For further assistance, contact the District and Club Administration Division.