What Are Some Other Publicity Ideas?
There are many ways to tell your community about your Lions club and activities. If your club is sponsoring a community event:
- Ask to have information posted on your community Web site or message board.
- Pass out flyers or brochures about your club and its activities. If the event is a fundraiser, hand out information telling how the money will be used.
- Display the Lions logo and club name prominently on all materials and at all activities and events.
Even when your club doesn't have a special event planned, you can:
- Wear your Lions pin and apparel.
- List your club in local phone books and community directories, along with a contact person and phone number. Keep this information up-to-date.
- Put information about your club in "Welcome to the Community" packets offered by local agencies or chambers of commerce.
- Invite community organizations to present information about their activities at club meetings and offer to present information at their meetings.
- Display local Peace Posters at a library or community center.
- Ask government and school district newsletters to include information about your club, especially if you are involved in a community or school project such as the Peace Poster Contest, a vision or diabetes screening, building a recreational center, etc.
- Place a highway sign or marker outside your community. Keep it in good condition. You can purchase a highway sign from Club Supplies Sales Department.
- Donate a subscription of LION Magazine to your local library. Contact LION Magazine Department for ordering information.