Managing a Club
Communicating Your Activities
Additional PR Resources
Additional PR Resources
What Resources Are Available from International Headquarters?
A variety of materials are available to help you develop your club's public relations program for the year.
- Sample News Releases: A variety of sample fill-in-the-blank news releases are available to download.
- Key Messages and Questions: When talking to the media and others in your community about your Lions club and LCI, it is helpful to know what messages you want to get across. Key Messages help you prepare before interviews and activities where the media might be present. They are also useful in presentations to groups, schools and other organizations. Practice answering these questions with your Lions members and always remember to accentuate the positive.
- Fact Sheet and History Sheet: These publications contain up-to-date information about the association and its history and can be downloaded in all languages or a copy can be ordered from the Public Relations Department. (Fact Sheet PR-799, History PR-800)
- Logos: LCI and LCIF logos and program logos are available in various formats (TIF, GIF, JPG, EPS, AI) to download.
- Lions News Network: Lions News Network (LNN) contains all available videos and public service announcements (PSAs) from LCI and LCIF.
- LQ – Lions Quarterly Video Magazine: Is produced four times a year (January, April, July and October) and located on LNN. LQ features inspiring stories from Lions clubs around the world dedicated to making a difference in their communities and the lives of individuals. Running approximately 14 minutes, this is an excellent presentation for Lions and non-Lions groups and can be used on cable access stations.
- Newswire: This monthly online newsletter, covers the latest news, information and programs from International Headquarters. The information is appropriate for inclusion in club, district and multiple district publications.
- Activity Guides: International Headquarters provides activity guides and brochures outlining how to plan and promote a wide variety of projects, including Lions World Sight Day and Recycle For Sight. Visit the Planning Projects section for more information.
For More Information
For further information, e-mail the Public Relations Department or call (630) 203-3812. For story submissions, e-mail LION Magazine Department or call (630) 468-6909.