Sample News Releases
Give your club the recognition it deserves! Tell the local community about upcoming club events and awards to garner more community interest and awareness of your club and its various programs.
Simply click on a sample release and localize the release by replacing the bolded text with your club information before submitting it to the local newspaper. All releases are formatted in a Word document. Be sure to delete the bold and (parenthesis) and then copy the final text onto your club letterhead. You may choose to print and mail the sample release or send it by e-mail to the newspaper. Be sure to include a local club contact name and phone number so the newspaper can follow-up for more information. It is that easy!
Note: If including e-mail and Web site
information, be sure they are checked regularly and updated.
For additional public relations resources, click here or contact the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters by e-mail.
Lions Clubs Sample Releases
- Scholarship – Tell the public how your club supports community youth with scholarships.
- Strides Walk – Encourage members of your community to attend your club's local Strides Walk for Diabetes Awareness.
- Family Lions Club – Announce the formation of a family Lions club.
- Family Joins Lions Club – Tell the public your club is welcoming a family.
- Club Milestone Anniversary – Let the community know your club has reached a milestone anniversary.
- Charter of a New Lions Club – Make it known that there is a new Lions club in town.
- Newly Elected Lions Club Officers – Introduce new officers to the community to raise awareness of your club.
- Lions Support Lions Eye Banks – Tell of your club's plans for working with your area Lions Eye Bank.
- Lions Eye Bank Week – Raise awareness about how your club is recognizing Lions Eye Bank Week.
- Lions Worldwide Induction Day – Tell the community about events planned for Worldwide Induction Day and recognize new members who have been inducted into the club.
- Fundraiser – Make your Candy Day, White Cane or other fundraiser a success by telling your community in advance.
- Lions International Peace Poster Contest – Recognize local winners and spread the word about the annual Lions International Peace Poster Contest.
- Lions International Essay Contest – Recognize local winners and publicize information about the Lions International Essay Contest.
- Peace Poster Exhibit – Provide the public and media with information on when and where to view the Peace Poster Tabletop Exhibit your club is hosting.
- Lions Recycle for Sight – Promote your eyeglass recycling efforts and inform community members how they too can participate in the program.
- Lions World Sight Day – Tell the community about your club?s Lions World Sight Day program and how others can join in the efforts to prevent blindness.
- Symposium to Address Community Needs – Inform the community of an upcoming symposium being conducted by your club.
- Club Project – A general release that can be used to announce or promote any upcoming Lions club program or event.
- Lions Green Team – Share the news of your club's efforts to help the environment with a Greent Team activity.
- Lions Crew at Work – Spread the word about your club's active, hands-on approach to service in the community.
- Lions Clubs International Contest - Share your club, district or multiple district's recognition in the Lions Clubs International Contest.
Leo Club Sample Releases
- Leo Club Milestone Anniversary – Make it known that a Leo club has reached a milestone anniversary.
- Organization of a New Leo Club – Announce that there is a new Leo club in town.
- Newly Elected Leo Club Officers – Inform the community of your election results and introduce new officers.
- Club Project – A general release that can be used for any upcoming Leo club program or event.
Individual Sample Releases
- Convention Attendee – Spread that word that you or another club member attended the international convention.
- Lions Day with the United Nations Attendee – Announce that you or another club member took part in Lions Day with the United Nations.
- Lions Individual Award – Recognize an individual who has received an award from a Lions club.
- Newly Installed District Governor – Introduce your local newly installed district governor to your community.
- Leo Individual Award – Recognize an individual who has received an award from a Leo club.
- Ambassador of Good Will Award – Recognize a Lion who has been awarded with the highest award the association grants to its members.
- Visiting International Officer – Remind your community that local Lions are part of an international network of volunteers by promoting your visit.
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842