Sample Press Releases – for Lions clubs
Get Publicity for Your Club!
Want to get more media coverage for your club? A press release is a fast, effective and inexpensive way to get more attention for your club’s service projects, fundraising events and success stories. It’s also a great way to attract new members who want to be part of the great work you do.
We’ve made it easy to spread the word about your club by providing sample releases that can be quickly and easily customized to include your club’s news and events. Just follow these simple steps:
- Download an appropriate press release template below and replace the bold sections with information about your club.
- Find a contact or reporter at your community newspaper or broadcast outlet.
- Send out your press release today.
Be sure to add a club contact in the press release for follow-up questions and to provide additional details.
Don’t forget to include club information (contact information, meeting time and location, etc.) in every release to attract new members!
- Recruit New Members – Invite community members to join your club and make a difference in the community.
- Recruit Charter Club Members – Let the community know that your charter club is seeking new members.
- Announcement of a New Lions Club – Generate interest for a new charter club.
- Club Project – Promote your upcoming service project or event.
- Fundraiser – Make your Candy Day, White Cane or club fundraiser a success by sharing the news with your community in advance.
- Scholarships – Share your support of community youth through academic scholarships.
- Club Milestone Anniversary – Announce your club’s milestone anniversary.
- Newly Elected Lions Club Officers – Introduce new officers to the community to help raise awareness of your club.
- Lions Individual Award – Recognize an individual who has received an LCI award.
- Organization of a New Leo Club – Generate interest for a new Leo club.
- Club Project – Promote your upcoming Leo club service project or event.
- Leo Individual Award – Recognize a Leo who has received an award.
- Lions International Peace Poster Contest – Recognize local winners of Lions International Peace Poster Contest.
- Lions World Sight Day – Promote your club’s World Sight Day activities and how others can join the efforts to prevent blindness.
- Convention Attendee – Spread the word that a club member attended the international convention.
Want to create your own press release? Download a blank press release template and add information on your special activity or event. For program-specific press releases, such as Strides Walk or Lions Recycle for Sight, visit the program page on the LCI website.
For questions about media or press relations, contact LCI Corporate Communications.
Lions Clubs International
300 W. 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523-8842