Strengthening Communities in New Ways
You share our passion. You have ideas about how to improve your part of the world. And you know people who are willing to volunteer to help. But there isn't a Lions club near you. Don't worry. That's exactly how many of our clubs get started.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Lions offer a number of group volunteer opportunities that your group can participate in – or you can start a new club and develop programs that interest you. While community-based clubs are our tradition, we realize that one size does not fit all. That's why we offer several club types for you to choose from:
- Traditional Lions clubs are ideal for bringing together a group of community-minded people to volunteer by serving the needs of their community in any way – and can be formed anywhere.
- Campus Lions clubs are designed for college and university students, administrators, faculty, alumni and other community-minded individuals. Volunteers serve the campus community while developing valuable leadership and business skills.
- Club branches enable a small group of people to form a Lions club and start making a difference in their community sooner. Members become part of an existing "parent" Lions club, but select their own volunteer projects and activities.
You can also start a new Lions club based on your interests or circumstances:
- Maybe you'd like to organize a club that includes volunteer members from distant geographic areas – or holds club meetings online for convenience. If so, a Cyber Lions club will help you conduct club business through the Internet.
- You might prefer to work on volunteer projects that serve people with intellectual disabilities. If so, a Champions Lions Club in support of Special Olympics might be a good choice for you.
Whatever the case, we will help you start a Lions club that works best for you and your community.
Order a New Club Extension Kit
To get started, request a New Club Extension Kit. Or, download the items below: